The first Pink Walk was organised in 2006 by a group of health promoters and breast cancer survivors who wanted to raise breast cancer awareness in the Waikato community. Since the initial event it has received amazing public support.
Over the years the Pink Walk has been organised by a committee of representatives from the Breast Cancer Research Trust, Breast Screen Midland, the Waikato Treasure Chests (breast cancer survivor dragon boat team), the Women’s Cancer Support Group and representatives from sponsors.
We acknowledge the valued contributions of past sponsors and organising committee members and a special mention to Braemar Hospital, our Gold Sponsor since 2011.
Thursday 27 October 2022
Entertainment from 4.30pm, Walk and Run start at 5.45pm
Innes Common, Hamilton Lake, Lake Domain Drive
Adult $20, Child (5-16yrs) $10, Under 5 Free
Your entry fee includes:
- On-course entertainment
- A chest racing number with official timed results (runners only)
- Finisher’s medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (runners only)
- Post-event refreshments
- Sausage Sizzle for gold coin donation for all registered participants
- Eligibility for a range of awesome spot prize
Wear your pink finery for breast cancer awareness or yellow in support of local breast cancer research. Even better, mix pink and yellow together.
We’ve got fantastic prizes for the best dressed adult, best dressed little person (under 5), best dressed young person (5 – 12), best dressed group and best dressed dog as well as a great raffle to win (you must be at the event to claim your prize).
Medals for the first, second and third runners and spot prizes along the way – you’ve got to be in it to win it!
Finish the walk and hang around for a sausage sizzle, proudly provided by Braemar Hospital, and a Lickety Sip hot chocolate, coffee or tea after your walk or run.
Our Master of Ceremonies, Stu/Camille from The Breeze Waikato will keep you on your toes throughout the event.
Enter a team of representatives from your business, club or school for the walk or run or get together as many friends and family members as possible together to form the best team.
All teams that register will go into the draw to win a fantastic prize! Plus we’ve got prizes for the biggest team registered.
Ways to enter your team
- One person collates all the names and payments and registers team members on our website.
- Agree on a team name, let everyone know that team name and each team member register themselves on our website and puts in the agreed team name.
- Email the names of those in your team to email@example.com and an invoice will be sent to you for payment.